Friday, August 28, 2009

Thing #27

I had heard of Facebook for years and even been "invited" by a former coworker, but had not done it till now. I found the Butterscotch tutorials very helpful! I have bookmarked their site for future learning.

I chose to join Friends of Ne. Libraries as this fits my involvement in the library world at this time. I added a few friends, became fans of a retail company and financial guru, and added Worldcat to my links. I want to checkout the Visual Bookshelf as posted by Cranefarm, it sounds right up my alley.

Our library does not have a Facebook site but I was able to get to the website through a search of Nebraska libraries.

Social networking has become so important in our daily lives. I know of a several business who market solely through the web. Some newspapers are only available on the web. The digital age marches on. It will be important to keep learning or we will be left behind in a blink of an eye. Thanks again Nebraska Learns 2.0 for the opportunity to learn and pass the info on to patrons.

The more I learn the less I know!

41 comments:

  1. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you will not have a leg to stand on.............................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 偉大的致富萬能之鑰,正是幫你充分掌握自己心志所必須的自律自制 ..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 先告訴自己希望成為什麼樣的人,然後一步一步實踐必要的步驟。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 不願彎腰撿拾一根針的人,永遠不值得一塊錢。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 吾錯吾錯...我平時都好鐘意用呢d~而家學多好多~thx+0+......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. 知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judge not a book by its cover.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. 人生就像一顆核桃,必須敲破它,才會顯出他的內容。......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 不論做什麼事,相信自己,別讓別人的一句話,把你擊倒。..................................................

    ReplyDelete