Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thing 14 cpd23

Oh my! I'm in WAY over my head with this Thing. I did watch all of the introductory videos and chose Mendeley to download. I felt like a fraud entering a field of study and educational status. However, I did take the time to explore the uses and options for this program. If I were writing papers and doing research I would use Mendeley. I would also recommend it to students for it's organizational benefits, massive collection of articles and networking opportunities. Thing 14 was a great opportunity to stretch my brain and investigate something new, but not something I will use.

I have to say that Sherm Sez for Week 10 was just as helpful as the actual lesson!
Thanks Sherm!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    glad this thing gave you a chance to stretch your brain, but I appreciate it's tricky to think of where/when/how to apply reference management systems when you're not working in an academic library. But at least you know they're out there if the opportunity/need arises in the future.
    best wishes,
    Isla

    ReplyDelete