Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thing 19 cpd23

This is a good time for a review. I have integrated a few of the things into my everyday life. Such as Google Calendar, now if I could just get my boss to use it for office. RSS is a part of my day. I have found than this time around I can keep up w/feeds and have chosen several of the authors suggested in cpd23. My favorite is the Real Wikiman. He always has something interesting to learn and doesn't overwhelm me with posts.

As the weeks have past I really have been thinking about how I present myself online. I don't have access to social media at work so I am limited to few minutes at home each day. I have taken a close look at security on Facebook and w/all the recent changes I need to stay on top of it. I am also more conscious about what I post or how I comment as I share one Facebook page with friends, family, & co-workers past and present. I have chosen to leave Twitter for now. It is a great option for communication, but just doesn't work w/my life right now.

One of the goals I had for this session of things was to become more comfortable blogging. I have noticed it is easier to express what I am thinking and do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Probably the "thing" that I appreciate the most is the lesson on Mentoring. Now I am not doing the mentoring but am being mentored by a fantastic group of library learners. I enjoy reading the posts on NELearns 2.O and cpd23. I have learned a great deal and been more open to try new things. Thanks to everyone!!

Well, that's all for now. I have to go check my feeds and log on to Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment